The Blog of Briggsy's life.....

<--- just a simple blog, explanning feelings, what ive been doing and life in general. theres no catches, im just going to explain how i feel and what ive been doing. explainning things that are happening in my life. and things that are happening in others lifes around me, never forget this one thing - always trust in the Lord what ever the situation --->

Sunday, February 19, 2006

do you think about it?

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

do you think and mean these words when you pray them or is it just a routine?? that was the question we asked the girls in our 11-14year old group this morning....and i found myself challenged by it....sometimes i say the Lords Prayer without thinking or meaning what i am saying....the line which i felt God saying to me was

"and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us"

i struggle with forgivness a lot...its a weak point for me....i really feel i need to pray and ask God to help me forgive some people in my life who have hurt me.....

2 Comments:

  • At 4:38 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Liz said…

    On forgiveness, we did our cell on it a couple of days ago. I played them this Alanis Morissette song called The Grudge from her album So Called Chaos.

    It almost made me cry.

    Y'know how loads of her early tracks are really really bitter? Well, this song kinda says the reason why, and is her saying she doesn't wanna carry that bitterness around anymore.

    The lyrics are at http://tinyurl.com/htcas, but I recommend listening to it - the melody's gorgeous too.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger gill said…

    thanks honey :+) will try and find someone who has it so i can listen to it, but will read the lyrics now! xxxx

     

Leave a comment

<< Home