The Blog of Briggsy's life.....

<--- just a simple blog, explanning feelings, what ive been doing and life in general. theres no catches, im just going to explain how i feel and what ive been doing. explainning things that are happening in my life. and things that are happening in others lifes around me, never forget this one thing - always trust in the Lord what ever the situation --->

Sunday, February 27, 2005

famine

well i managed to complete the 24hour famine, the hungar really kicked in at about 6ish. the 24hrs has taught me a lot, how i take things for granted. from now on im going to try and stop complaning when i am hungary and stop and think about others without food. i had a good time doing the famine, me,adam,rob,tasha and hannah with our trip to town, my pingpong games and at church when we were watching the film and me falling alseep straight away and then waking up getting a drink and going back to sleep, i had 2hrs sleep at church, so took my mind off food, then for the last hour of not been able to eat, i went and had a chat with daniel and charlie and i added up the money we raised - £1800, well done to everyone :+) one thing which will always stick with me from the famine is about the girl whos grandad raped her and when she was on her period he made her sleep in the chickenhouses. this was awful, and really touched me. a lot of things touched me but that was one of the main things. i also had a lump build up in my throat when we had to go round the circle and say something we have learnt and one of the tgi's - Aaron, said about how they made clothes like gap and got no money and he couldnt believe how they were treated like they were dirt. it really touched me to see how it had touched him so much. so the famine is over and our food was great after, we had so much spare though!! but well done everyone who took part in the famine, love you all xxx

0 Comments:

Leave a comment

<< Home